Wednesday, October 6, 2010

NYC & DC


I started off my whole trip in DC visiting none other than REBEKAH freaking ROMNEY folks. What a host that gal. She really showed me a good time in that city, despite the fact that everyone there is wound up so darn tight! (Seriously, everyone is so serious. Reminded me of high school and why I am so very glad to be living "Out West" rather than "Back East." Love you, NY, no offense.

Such a long line. lots of Gtown shopping
The National Cathedral

Rebekah at the discoteca. I mean, standing the in the glow of the stain glass windows.

Eating lunch at the Eastern Market
The monuments at night. Me and Ol' Honest Abe.
The Mall.
Me and TJ.

We did lots of other fun things I didn't document like go to church, make Indian food, chat a lot, eat lots more food, watch Friday Night Lights, and more. Thanks for being such a great host, Rebekah. And thanks for teaching me how college football and the BCS I works.

On to NY.

Mostly I just visited with my mom, dad, and sister Lauren. I saw my Dad's office (never been to their new facility), checked out the warehouse, heard a little office drama/gossip, and generally scoped the scene. I spent a day visiting with my ol' best friend from college, Kelsey and dear friend Kimmy, who just moved back to NY with her husband. Billy and I really really really miss Kimmy and Chris, oh and Noelle and Matt, oh and Ashley and Tom - basically all our married friends have moved away from us, on to other adventures. I digress, we spent a great day eating out, shopping, visiting apartments, and mostly chatting. It was really fun. And I miss them, for realz.

This is the only picture I took. Us eating Mister Softee (of course.)


3 comments:

emilyhutchison said...

I love all these NY pics. Your cute nephews, your cute family, your cute friends. You being cute. HOMERUN.

Rebekah said...

I love when I make it on other people's blogs! I miss you out here - luckily molina is on her way as i write this. people really are uptight. even at the sev...

noelle regina said...

i am so jealous of girls day out in nyc.