When I can't sleep, I'll cuddle with Buddy, surf the web for great eBay deals (which I will not share with you because I'd like them for myself), and read. (I just finished Shadow of the Window - thriller! I'm just about done with In Defense of Food - fascinating! and The Spirit Catches You and You Fall down - heavy, but great read!) I swear my best ideas come late night in that time between when I am trying to fall asleep and deep sleep. During the early stages of sleep I have all sorts of dreams which I usually quote the following day to Billy as my "strokes of brilliance" (usually less brilliant when I am cognizant the next morning, but none the less my best ideas.) Anyway, tonight as I was trying to fall asleep, I got to thinking about all the great friends and family I have around me that inspire me to take a risk and try something real. Although not an exhaustive list, specifically I was thinking of my in-laws, who always encourage me to do something that makes me feel creatively challenged and intellectually fulfilled. And I was thinking of people like Shea and Gloria and Kelsey and Kylie, who get an idea about something they love and, with a lot of blood, sweat and tears just do it. Or I was thinking of the fascinating and inspiring women I grew up with who encouraged me to study something I loved in school, even if it was as crazy as Arabic. It's good to have people like that around you. Although sometimes my world appears to be saturated with "go-getters" with a brilliant idea, I choose to believe that there is a niche for each of us. Each of us, even me, can carve out a little space for ourselves; a green space that nourishes us, cultivates our spirits, and allows us to grow. Finding it is certainly my challenge, but I suppose a good place to start is by surrounding myself with those who have found their's. So to All of those, I say thanks.
3 comments:
Thanks for the shout out! My best ideas certainly come late at night, although this lastest flower biz idea came from a friend, funny how that sometimes you don't know what you can do until someone else points it out. Uphostery and fashion and wedding planning are all calling your name.
Loved your feature at Pojo :) You are adorable!
i like you so much :)
Post a Comment