Friday, August 5, 2011

If you don't have anything appropriate to say, don't say anything at all

Do you ever go to write a blog post and you don't know what to say? Just generally in life, I tend to err on the side of too much information and it has been a continuous goal of mine since 2008 to do less of that (along with talking quieter, which both might I add, have never gone very well). It's been a goal because 1. not everyone needs to know the dirty details of my life and 2. you never know who is listening and 3. my mom and my grammy regularly remind me that we should have a little more class and decorum in our lives when sharing personal details. It's kind of like "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Only now it's "if you don't have anything appropriate to say, don't say anything at all." I guess this is what happens when you turn 26. Which happened in July. Whaaaa? How?

So here is my attempt to sum up life lately.

- After a long process of lots of pro and cons lists, discussions, and mostly prayers, Billy and I have decided not to move to Philadelphia. While Billy has been absolutely loving his program and really excited to go back full-time, he got an incredible offer and promotion at work, essentially giving him the position that he was going back to school to get (minus the school debt).

Pros? We can stay in our house. We can stay close to the mountains and our few close friends. I don't need to find a new "Mandy" (no one cuts my hair like she does!)

Cons? We won't be discussing those today in this blog post. See post title.

- I also went through a totally wacky and scary health...scare? I suppose that's the word. It pretty much consumed our lives for a solid month. I'm recovering well and feeling great now.

Lessons? Never, ever, ever ignore your intuition. When you have an army of friends and family praying for you, miracles happen.

I sort of feel like we lost our summer somewhere in between the rainy long spring and these huge life decisions. So my goal is to hit August hard. I'm not sure what that will entail yet, but I'll let you know when I figure it out. I guess you can say that after a brief break, I'm finally back at life. Want to hang out and do something fun? Call me.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

oh I am so happy you are staying! I will see you later today and we will chat!

Glo said...

Others may not be excited you aren't going to the east but I am! and I am also excited to hit August hard. BBQs and pool time galore!

lindsay lark said...

I wanna hang out and do something fun, but you're so far away! Gard says our summer starts tonight (he takes his big exam that he's been studying all day/night for today) so we're hittin' it hard in August too. Wish you could join us!