Thursday, June 23, 2011

Did you know I could make this face? Part 7

As the seventh part in my series titled "Did you know I could make this face?" I am providing you with two images showing my incredible offense - terrible public sleeping etiquette multiple times in the same day. I know you say, didn't you learn your lesson the first time you fell asleep awkwardly in public, only to wake up to derision by your travelling companions? And well, apparently I didn't. To be fair, I had been flying all night with like 3 layovers, but even so that should not excuse this behavior. Also to be fair, you can't totally see my face in these images but I think they really capture l'essence de l'instant.


After just arriving in Mexico City 2007. Exhausted. Please note pillow support for head formed with hands, squatting leg position, open mouth gape, clutched purse under arm. (After all, it is Mexico.) Even Miles (next to me) is sleeping in a much more appropriate position.


After arriving at the casita where we were staying, only to find that there was no heat. Still exhausted, I found the warmest place to nap that I could even though that meant sleeping on the floor of the entryway, front door wide-open. Apparently, less concerned than before about my safety in Mexico. Again, please notice mouth agape, clutched hands, and no apparent regard for appropriate social customs.


I think I have found a few themes here: People love documenting my awkward faces and most of these faces occur while publicly sleeping. Oh, and my public sleeping is occurring much too often.

You can find the others in this series here: I, II, III, IV, V, VI


1 comment:

noelle regina said...

loving this. i do the same weird thing with my hands when i sleep!