Thursday, June 16, 2011

End of an Era

I suppose it's as close to official as possible...

The Andersons are moving to Philadelphia. Billy got into grad school out there and is SUUUUPER jazzed about it. So we're packing up and leaving in 6 very short weeks. You heard me - 6 weeks.

I've always had a flair for the dramatic so I shall say it: It feels like the end of an era. We met here. We fell in love here. We got married here. We had our first house together here. We got Buddy here. Salt Lake has been good to us and it is unlikely we will ever return permanently. So we will enjoy our time left here. We've got a jam-packed schedule of fun on the docket before we go.

Regarding FAQ's:
No, we don't have a place to live and I don't have a job out there yet.
Yes, Philly is super funny/cool, but mostly super ghetto.
Yes, it will be wonderful to be near my family for a little while.
No, I don't want to go back to live on the East Coast.
Yes, I have moved out of denial phase and into committed phase regarding living on the East Coast.
No, we do not know a soul in Philly, except a couple of rollerbladers.
Yes, I am concerned about making friends.
Yes, we are really sad about leaving this city that we have come to love love love.
Yes, we are sad about leaving our awesome little house, yard, and garden.
Yes, we are sad about leaving the beautiful mountains and nature we love.
Yes, we are mostly sad about leaving our friends here.
Yes, I am nervous and anxious (no one can be surprised about this).

Yes, we are excited and also so very ready for a new city and a big life change!

4 comments:

Glo said...

Yes, this post is making me cry (at work).

liz said...

Tell Billy congrats! That's exciting but I totally understand. Moving was really hard for me which I was surprised about. But I adapted and you will too but there isn't a week that goes by that I don't think about Utah (the gym, my jobs,friends,rio, mountains, you get it). But we all got it do it someday right? This will be a fun adventure! Maybe we can meet up in new York when visit robs parents?

kimmy girl said...

Jan! I can relate 100% to this (glorious) news. I am so excited to have you close, we will cone visit if you promise to do the same. Good luck! Ita been an amazing adventure for us, and I'm sure it will be for you too!! Xoxo

Becca said...

this is so exciting! a-lo told me you guys were moving, but i wasn't sure when it was happening. i would be nervous too to not know anybody, but i do love a good adventure. sad that you have to leave your pretty garden and cool house.