I'm so proud of the Beast! He was interviewed for a "TOP 5" web feature on this website and it was so popular it made the front page of this website too, which is the top rollerblading site in the world. Incidentally, this site is run by the magazine (of the same name) that Billy had a 6 page spread in a couple of years ago.

Profile Photo by Me
Billy also filmed a bunch of footage for this skate movie which recently premiered. (He had a clip in it too, but he grumbles that it wasn't his best moves/tricks).
I'm so proud of him for pursuing what he has loved since he was in elementary school and sticking to it. I'm proud of him for not giving up on his love even when culturally most people don't "get it." I'm proud of him because he has a demanding and intellectually-rigorous day job, is working on his Master's, and still competes for press with bladers who don't do either. I'm proud of him because he devotes his weekends and evenings (when that's all he has available) to producing quality images and film clips of himself as well as other local bladers, all for the love the game.

Photo setup by Beastmaster and taken by Blader Andy
It may not be traditional, but I love that he loves blading so much and is committed to his passion. Who needs normal and traditional anyway? Way to go, Beastmaster!!
PS I recently heard someone make a joke that it is literally impossible to look cool while rollerblading. I would argue that Billy, and lots of other bladers, defy that. All this press is linking back to the blading blog he runs that covers the blading community in Utah. You should look at it and see some of the seriously bad-a pictures they post.
PPS I realize this post is a little braggy but you are our family and close friends and well, those that want to hear about our accomplishments! If I can't sing Billy's praises, then who can?
5 comments:
like. and if you don't brag a little, who will? totally acceptable!
husbands need wives to brag about them. good job, billy!
brag away! i love it, congrats billy!!
bill is a beast. real proud of him.
Thanks for bragging! I look forward to the next B session!
Post a Comment