Thursday, January 20, 2011

Small Successes

Let's get real. It's been quite some time since I have been able to claim any sort of success. So that made this week's small successes seem extra great. In the space of a week I:

- paid off my student loan (!)

- went to Disney for the first time and it was amazing. So much fun and so magical. They ain't lyin' - Happiest place on Earth! And I had the world's best guide and companion. See more HERE. (Frank takes all the good pictures and writes the best blog posts anyway. Why repeat? Even though it was one of the happiest days ever).

AND

- RAN A MILE. Yeah you heard me. I ran a mile on a treadmill, without stopping. I feel like that entire sentence should be in all-caps, highlighted, and in various large cheesy fonts to both confuse you and emphasize the point. You may remember this, and this. Oh and this. Yes, I have accomplished one of my 2010 goals.

1 out of 4 goals and approximately a month late. Lest any of you feel down regarding your goals, remember I'm always here to keep standards low and underachieve!


But back to the fact that I ran. First time post-6 knee surgeries and it felt great. I felt so good I went to Target afterwards and bought a new magenta running tank. I challenge any of you to cite a time in recent history where you saw me in magenta. Yeah, the mile was that good.

I pretty much felt like this all week. (see below)


3 comments:

noelle regina said...

HIP HIP HOORAY!
i need to run a mile. STAT.

congrats jko

heather said...

this is a really great post. you're so funny. i wish i saw you more often or that we still worked together. wahhh.

Unknown said...

Yup...I'm following your blog...who knew?! Proud of you lady!