Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's (Almost) Here

It's almost here, Folks. The Anderson Family Cruise to the Mexican Riviera booked in late 2009, re-arranged in late 2010, and now finalized with a set sail departure date of this Sunday. Four generations of Andersons cruisin' on the Carnival Splendor, sipping on non-complimentary sodas, and enjoying live "broadway-level" entertainment. What will I talk about once the cruise is over? For my sake you better hope it's a success.

In preparation, I have made a few arrangements.

1. I bought this bathing suit. After coveting the j crew version in that beautiful copper color, I realized that the target knock-off at 1/4 the price was right in my price range. I'm very pleased with the fit (who ever says that about bathing suits? not me). Now if only I could grab a tan like the model has, I would really be set.



2. I reserved far too many library books online. When I picked them up I realized I was a bit ambitious in both the selection and quantity. Do people normally read classics on the cruise ship?

I also realized that I reserved the cliff notes version of To Kill a Mockingbird rather than the actual book. Whoops. I will however be able to provide annotated chapter summaries for you all if you are curious.

3. Finally, I have truly learned the perks of using a travel agent. I hope one day I'm at a point in life where I have a regular travel agent, like I have hair stylist and a dentist; someone I can really rely on. I would also like a cleaning lady, but you've all heard me say this before so that's not news.





5 comments:

noelle regina said...

i want to go on a mexican riviera cruise. that sounds magical! love the suit too. actually, now that i think about it, target suits have always been a good fit. (one pieces at least)

if anyone can tackle a classic on a cruise, it's you.
xoxo

Mandy said...

you must take A Girl Named Zippy! And I love the suit

Sarah Larsen said...

LOVE the suit. I wish I could wear strapless without the ladies peeking out.

I did an airbrush tan before Grand Cayman and am SHOCKED by how much i liked it. Helped me ease into actual color. Just a thought.

Have so much fun. I want to hear if it's a success at well - we keep getting tempted by cruises but never take the bait.

xoxo

liz said...

1. love that swimsuit.
2.the one cruise i have been on i read trashy books, so nice job for reading something more intellectual.
3. hope you are having a blast and getting a great tan!
4. miss you.

Meredith said...

a tree grows in brooklyn is one of my fave books ever, i've read it a milion times. give or take. hope you had fun on that cruise!!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS