Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thanks, Rolly

I realized when I hated being in my bedroom (small, crowded, stained carpet, weird windows...you know, a rental property) that I should probably take the skills Rolly taught me and do a little bedroom update. So here it is. A big shout out into the universe to dear Rolly, my upholstery teacher for teaching me the fine art of building furniture that lasts and covering it with a fine textile. Thanks, Roll.

As soon as I whipped out the camera to take these pictures, Buddy jumped on the bed and posed. The Beast has trained him well. Buddy may still be learning not to jump on people, but he sure can pose in a pic.



I covered the headboard in a really nice linen and used an antiqued bronze nailhead trim all the way around. I'm pleased with the result.

I have yet to pick out decorative pillows so Buddy is what ya get. Good think he's so good-lookin'.

10 comments:

Becca said...

i love it.

Glo said...

damn that nailhead trim! all worth it though, looks fab!

Mandy said...

why hello! I have found yours also. Buddy is so adorable!

kimmy girl said...

I dont know how much you paid for this class, but it was worth EVERY PENNY. its gorgeous jana!!

Jana said...

thanks guys!

noelle regina said...

it's perfect j. ko.WELL DONE. and i'm loving that headboard. want to whip one up for me if we're back on the east coast about the same time? think you could give a step by step on how to do nailhead trim?

and did you sew the bedding? looks just like dwell studios.

Kylie Whiting said...

DAMN!

Shea McGee said...

I love everything about this! So impressed with you upholstery skills.

liz said...

the headboard looks SO good! i have always wanted to take an upholstery class so i'm jealous and i love your bedding!

Unknown said...

Wicked Cute lady...you're prowess for learning and doing new things exceptionally well never ceases to amaze. Hugs to Buddy!