Dear Friends,Billy and I are going to Chicago next week! Billy will be out there for the national Green Building Conference, and I am tagging along. I have never been to Chicago (other than a quick stopover on one of my many trips cross country). Everyone says Chicago is the bomb dot com (even some prissy European friends of ours. JK - love you guys.) Anyway, what should we do there? If you have ANY suggestions, please send them to me. Other than the city segway tour I already have reserved, I have nothing else planned. Specific restaurants, shopping areas, museums, sites, buildings, etc would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
9 comments:
I haven't been in a while, but if it was me, I would rent a car and take a Frank Lloyd Wright tour! Also, I heard the architecture tour via boat is really great (might be cold though).
DAT'S DOUGHNUTS!
Unless you totally hate aquariums, definitely hit Shedd Aquarium. It's awesome! The Museum of Art is good (the miniatures on the bottom floor are fascinating). Do a boat tour on the lake. The observation deck in the Hancock building is a better view than the observation deck from the (formerly) Sears Tower. There used to be a restaurant on the floor below the observation deck at the Hancock building; if it's still there, highly recommended - fabulous view and good food.
(I'm Billy's not-too-distant cousin, and I served a mission in Chicago.)
disagree with the aquarium, its not that great. sorry to billys not-too-distant cousin. me you billy nick and gard should all hang out fo sho if you guys have a spare second. and we should probably do it at lou malnatis, the best pizza in the entire world. and if you guys need a place to stay, we have a couch, a chair and an air mattress with your names written all over it. and you should definitely eat at xoco. the end.
I've heard the SHedd's Aquarium is great too.
Real impressive ladies.
that comment was meant for the post above this one. I'm on a pc...
go to dinner with Ryan and I! :) Billy told me via facebook you guys were coming out ... not sure if you'll have time, but we'd love to meet up with you guys. if you want a recent-to-chicago's point of view, facebook me and i'll fill you in on all sorts of great things to do.
Oh man, why does everyone go to Chicago the weeks I'm not there! I have LOTS of suggestions. First, you need to eat at Quartino (downtown, just a little off of the Magnificiant Mile). I'd also recommend heading out to Oak Park to check out some of the Frank Lloyd Wright houses and his house/studio. The architecture boat tours that leave from Navy Pier (which is touristy and lame) is a little pricey, but pretty cool. Take a stroll sround Millenium Park. Hit the shops on the Magnificiant Mile. And of course, visit Gardy and Shan and Nick. You can't go wrong.
Post a Comment