Thursday, August 26, 2010

On Another Note

On another note, this weekend I plan on watching "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" since my groove has gone missing for a while now. I can't seem to put together a cute outfit, I'm no fun to be around, and even my jokes have gotten pretty lame (hence the boring blog material). I need Angela Bassett to give me a little direction. I mean look at her?! She looks gooooood. She doesn't look like she's in any funk. She's in her groove.

I'm telling you this 1. because I feel like I need to explain away how boring I've been and 2. to ask.....Any cures? And if I can be a little demanding here, no I don't want any reassuring comments, just cures.

*I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the self-indulgent nature of this post. But blogs are self-indulgent right?

3 comments:

noelle regina said...

lies lies.
in fact, i was just thinking how fun you are to be around and how i wish i was around you...

but i'm sorry you feel this way. maybe you need a trip to london to cheer you up!

J & J said...

ew i know how you feel. i am a complete PAIN right now, and i know it, and i see it happening, and there's nothing i can do about it for some reason. maybe we should just hang out together and somehow it will magically disappear for both of us. i for sure need a cure. maybe YOU are my cure?? YES THAT'S THE TICKET.

i get home monday. i'd love to see you.

Shea McGee said...

Sometimes I feel like I just never look as cute as the singles or the young, skinny moms that are trying really hard to look like they're not moms.

Most of the time I just go out and buy new things. Then, I use one date night to get ready like I did when I was single (which was a lot longer than it takes now). Shallow? Yes. But honestly it really helps (even with my jokes).

Clearly, I'm an advocate for self-indulgence.

PS. From the images I've seen of your blonde locks rockin' a killer middle part - not much groove has been lost!

And now I've turned into that girl who writes page-long blog comments.