Saturday, June 7, 2008

ok ok ok

** disclaimer: this post contains no pictures. I understand if you don't want to read it. I personally only blogstalk picture posts. so you've been warned**

I finally gave in. I'm posting. I have received a few hinting text messages, comments, and emails, although some more obvious, saying that I need to quit like I'm acting too busy to post. To tell you the truth, I was in a waiting match with none other than the Beastmaster himself. He looooved the idea of this blog, and was bothering me about posting all the time! Then here he goes acting like he doesn't like it anymore and pulls the "I have nothing to post about" bit! Remember Billy, people like this blog because we both post. Well either way, Billy, I still love you and I will post.

Updates from Jana:
1. A week and a half ago I had my 4th knee surgery in 4 years... on the same knee! And the doctor wants to replace my ACL (AGAIN) on Friday. I think all of you will enjoy hearing that it is due to my recent motorcycle incident which was also posted on this blog. (For pictorial proof please see HERE) Anyway, I am not pointing any fingers because I am adventurous by my own choice (I would think moving to various foreign countries on my own would support this point) and wanted to learn to ride; I mean, it would be pretty awesome if I could add to my list of skillz riding a motorcycle. So anyway, I am crutching it all over town due to the most tender loving care of the green house girls (particular shout out to Lindsay and Kat!)

2. I crutched myself all the way to rainy Seattle! Visiting the g-ma and g-pa and Aunt, Uncle, and Cous is a blast...in the rain. It hadn't rained for 2 weeks and then I show up and it rains all week. But really, I am only here for some tender care from Grammy; home-cooked meals 3xday, long warm showers, lots of book reading and lounging. There are some highlights from this trip I would like to share. In no particular order:

* Watching 3-4 one-hour long episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger with my 96-yr old g-pa every day. He says Chuck Norris is the closest he can get to his love of old Westerns. I'm totally fine with it.

* 96-yr old g-pa driving home from the airport through the highways of Seattle, including one tantrum on the way to the airport which involved a lot of cussing and a brief parking job in a ditch on the side of the road. 90 yr-old g-ma driving me around town to run errands. Guys, I have a hurt knee; I can't drive.

* G-ma burning the homemade rice pudding (that's right; I even get homemade desserts) and saying "Damnit! Now why the hell did I do that!"

*G-pa watching over my shoulder while I'm on the computer claiming that it is impossible that I am writing something and someone else is getting right away. "Something evil is at work I tell ya"

* The crow dive-bombing Grammy in her lime green coat outside Bartell's Drug store not once but twice in the same outing.



Updates about Billy:
1. He's working his little fingers away at Layton, making the money and wheeling the deals

2. still loves his single gear which he has now converted to a fixed gear, and repainted various parts so its a blacked out hottie. More regular trips to the Bike Collective are planned.

3. recently attended both the Utah Green Living and Utah Gay Pride festivals here in Salt Lake. (Should I be concerned?) Says he has never before seen so many rock solid men in spandex shorts. I told him to check out Providence, RI.

4. loves his new suby which is now covered in "Bl8 or die" (TM) stickers

5. continues to treat his gf right by encouraging her interests and passions, cleaning her disastrous bedroom and even more disastrous car, and taking her on "bad-A" rides on the Buell.


[On a sidenote, I can not figure out how to add info on the right column of this blog (e.g. profile information and description, small picture and label, and other blogs that we read). Any help would be much appreciated.]

much love. one love.

3 comments:

kfiet said...

this was worth the wait.

craftier little devils said...

so- i'm sending you an email with some info and a goodie. I like blogs- makes it easy to keep up.

the beastmaster said...

we were really happy weren't we?