Friday, May 9, 2008

Welcome to Spamtown USA!

Day 4:

bl8 or die, the Minnesota way!

After waking up, refreshed and slightly blue and purple, Billy and I hit the Austin Sk8 park, which Billy designed and built when he was 17.



After the sk8 park we went to what is the third most visited Minnesota tourist site - the Spam museum in Austin, MN, the home of Hormel foods! There's nothing like smelling slaughter throughout the whole town and enjoying spam specialties at Jerry's Spamalot Cafe.


Afterwards, a nice dinner at El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant, where I probably met the entire Austin community including half of the Austin High Football Team '03 (yes, all still living the Austin dream.), a member of the bishopric, and the two girls that got pregnant Billy's junior year of high school.

Day 5: Day 5 brought lots of rain and a trip to Billy's Aunt Jill's horse farm in Grand Meadow.
Good thing I wore crocs, sweatpants, and an oversized sweatshirt I found in a random closet!


Jana with the two Llamas - the horses are in the background.Jana, Billy, and Boston , the feisty miniature donkey who thinks he is actually a dog. No one plans on telling him otherwise because he's so entertaining with the dogs.


Jana, Billy and Andy the pup-pup.


My favorite part of the family trip to Aunt Jill's farm -- the Minnesooootan accents, the political debates among the women, and the Anderson men bragging about the good deals they bargained on their trucks.

No comments: