Monday, November 14, 2011

October

October is a good month for us. There are so many things for us to celebrate. We had a great month with the superb fall weather and lots of fun celebrations.


October 21 - aka "The Holiday." This is Laura's birthday. It was at "The Holiday" 5 years ago that Billy and I first met. I tried to make a rollerblading joke. He thought I was making fun of him and walked away. I felt stupid. It was at "The Holiday" 4 years ago that I sat down next to Billy and made him talk to me. We hit it off. He called me 2 days later to ask me out.

This year for the Holiday Laura had a helluva celebration at the fancy bowling alley in Park City. We got the party room which projected music videos and had fancy food and drinks.

game face

bowling to Luda

Me and the Birthday Girl

October 31 - aka Halloween or our first date. It was Halloween 4 years ago that we went on our first date and didn't stop. (ok well there were a few breaks in there)


This year Gloria and Mitch planned a stellar couples dinner party. We were (a poor man's) Sandra Dee and Danny from Grease. I know - every 7th grade girls dream. We mostly did it because we sort of look like them and we already had all of the clothes. You heard me - I already had those pleather pants. (I used to wear them all the time back when I was single. Billy likes to say that marriage did good things for me. He's probably right). There were some really good costumes. I really couldn't pick a favorite because our friends are really funny. You should look at Glo's post about it and see all the snaps of the costumes

October 17 - aka Beauty and the Beastmaster Wedding Day! Sealin' the deal for time and all eternity. Woot Woot!

I never posted about last year's anniversary so here are some photos. I got to wear a 1950's dress I had been saving for awhile. I was super excited to wear white again. Always a bride.



This year was more low key. It kind of snuck up on us and was on a Monday which makes celebrating weird. The weekend before we went to dinner in Park City for Mitch's birthday, and we kind of dubbed it as our anniversary dinner too. Zoom is a Sundance Robert Redford restaurant and was delicious.



On Monday the 17th, Billy could sneak away for about 20 mins during the day, so we met up at Bruges for waffles. Lucky for me peaches were still in season. Sparkles during the daytime on our anniversary? Sure.



I love a good excuse to celebrate.

2 comments:

Renee Anderson said...

I remember that '2nd' time he met you at the party...he called me screaming in the phone how smitten he was and could't wait to ask you out!

khill said...

Jana, you look so beautiful in all these pictures. I'm going to steal one of my favorite phrases of yours and say that you are a real "class act". Miss you!