Enjoying the ride
We went on a nice bicycle ride two weekends ago. We rode all over the West side. That's the fun thing about where we live. We are technically on the West side in one of these "up and coming neighborhoods" that frankly already has a price tag denoting that it's here and has come. But, it's fun because we can go a few blocks east and get the usual "East" Salt Lake experience or we go a few blocks west, where our closest grocery store is, etc and we are in Rose Park. Rose Park gets a bad rap and in some ways it deserves it. There is rarely a time I go to the grocery store where there isn't a bullet hole in someone's windshield. In other ways, Rose Park is great. We get the absolute best mangos and papayas that I have ever had in America at a little Mexican Market. The homes and parks and community centers are just as cute as Sugarhouse (similar eras), but a little more run down and with a lot more Latin flavor.
I digress - so we went on a ride through the West side and enjoyed all the painted Mexican murals and the loads of other people on bikes.
Like most physical activities that involve the Beastmaster however, there reaches a point where it just goes too far. We have gone too far, too long, too hard, too fast, etc. In this case, I'm pretty sure it was the distance that ultimately caused a flare up of my childhood asthma.
Here is the super cute picture of me dying/coughing on the lawn of West High. Later, after I got enough oxygen, I agreed with Billy that this picture was indeed comical and so I'm sharing it with you. Did you know I could make this face?
Somehow I had enough energy after all that to attempt my first "planking pose." I realize this meme is very old and people have moved past it. In fact, I moved past it so fast I had never even tried it. But when I saw that "W"... I don't know. Something inside said "That's made for planking. Do it."
So there you have it.
4 comments:
I am behind on my blogs...
1. When did you guys move to the west side?! I'm so confused.
2. Pinterest. I love it and hate it. My favorite thing about pinning is that I think it's really good for getting a feel for your personal style...when you see all your pictures together, there are usually common threads that you can pull from to make your own (without copying someone's hard work).
I can totally relate with the whole husbands taking a fun physical activity too far (typically too fast in my case which mostly just makes me feel really out of shape).
but anyway, I like your face and I'm glad you documented it.
He is like his father...fun the first couple of hours....work and agony after that! I guess they are trying to push us to be better.....or.....they are just showing off!
Love the faces....keep posting those pictures!
By the way, I love the picture of you on the bike!
Post a Comment