For a long time I was morally opposed to Pinterest. I mean, I guess I still am, but I have come to terms with it. I hate the idea that all these people out there can go on the site and get ideas which are supposed to be "inspiration" but which they turn out to just copy exactly. It's the same reason I would never in a million years run one of those lifestyle type blogs. If I learned anything from our wedding, it is that there are people out there who have never had a creative thought in their whole lives and who think they are taking "inspiration" but instead directly copy. I do not subscribe to the idea that imitation is flattery and rarely is credit given sufficiently where credit is due.
All that being said, I have decided that the method of collecting and reviewing images on Pinterest, along with definitely garnering more true inspiration is worth it - selectively, at least. I won't pin any inspiration that relates to my work or how I make my money (gotta be at least a little protective), but for now I am going to pin home stuff. It's an area where I am constantly looking for fresh ideas and where I have literally hundreds, dare I say close to a thousand, images saved. There may be other realms I venture into pinning about, but for now that's it. Who knows? Maybe I'll be singing a different tune in a few months. I know the standard now is over-sharing, particularly within an industry. So don't quote me on any of this.
Ok there are my opinions about Pinterest. I am sure you weren't wondering, but I have had a profile for a few months and have had people follow me so they were probably confused. So there you have it. Feel free to follow me if you care to. I am excited to visually lay out some of the things I like it and see what my friends are into too.
And for those who don't know what Pinterest is (hi Mom! hi Renee! etc), you can ignore this whole post. I am happy that you even read my blog.
xo.
3 comments:
do you now i have a real problem with straight up copy cats. copy cats who give credit fine. but straight up STEALING kills me.
however, i'm not creative. i'm a real good rip off artist...
so i'm a copy-cat hating copy-cat hypocrite!
Can't wait to get you pinning some holiday ideas!
I went on the site but how do I find your stuff so I can copy you!!
Post a Comment