I've been travelling a bit for work lately, which has meant that I have been in various scenarios that are highly a-typical for my life.
First I went to San Francisco and stayed at the fancy Westin in the Financial District. Somehow, I got upgraded to a DE-lux room on the top floor. See the view from my floor to ceiling windows. (My personal photographer was not with me on the trip, so you are stuck with iPhone photos. Sorry, folks.)
Then I went to Vegas and stayed at the Trump. Yes, the "#1 pool in Vegas" according to the Vegas magazine I read poolside (had to swing for a quick sunning session after a claim like that! If only it hadn't been so brief.) What other magazine was complimentary at the Trump? Naturally it was Las Vegas' premiere plastic surgery mag. I caught up on all the before and after photos.
This is the TV that is in the mirror in the bathroom. There were a total of 3 TVs in my room. Maybe this is not weird for you all because you have stayed at nice hotels on the strip. However, I have not.
Then we went to an "industry party" at The Hotel where I saw lots of people wearing lots of weird expensive clothes, met the owner of Von Dutch who was surprisingly handsome and normal, and signed a release to be on an MTV show finale. If you would like to witness my awkwardness (proven in both attire and demeanor) on your 50", tune into "The Buried Life" finale. It's very probable that due to said awkward nature, I may be cut out of the final version. But I was there! Believe you me!
Ol' Tom here got Lyndsay and I into Taos "the hottest club in Vegas" post the "industry party." Some have said that they viewed the below picture on the facebook and thought that maybe it was a JJHS (John Jay High School) photo re-surfacing. Au Contraire my dear friends, this is current. This is totally modern, totally hip, totally me. Luckily my awkward attire (aka modestisthehottest) combined with the ring on my finger really kept the men off of me through this whole experience. Let's all say thanks for that.

Don't think thats all I did on my work trips. Believe me, I walked my fanny off sourcing that maternity denim and accessories, meeting those execs in SF, and doing textile selection. That part just isn't fun to blog about. Well, I guess it's all just part of the job.
3 comments:
I like this post. just sayin.
You look so beautiful! And what an experience you are having!!
can i just say that the TRUMP is my most favorite hotel that i've ever stayed in in my entire life? were you DYING at how incredible the place smelled? i would pay BIG BUCKS for that smells to permeate through my house. i'm so jealous. i really love that place.
Post a Comment