Monday, April 5, 2010

The Secret is Out



















Escalante is about a hundred times prettier than Moab. And less crowded. And clean. And dog-friendly. And weird European tourists were at a minimum, while giggling Asian tourists were at a maximum.

Prove it you say? I shall! See pictures below:























































You want to go?

3 comments:

Mr. Marbles said...

I like Escalante- but I have boycotted the gas stations in the town. It's alright, though because the next town north, which is called Boulder or something similar, has an awesomely unexpected organic slash whole foods-y convenience store which I would never have found had I not decided to boycott the Escalante gas stations after they accused me of 'stealing' parmesan cheese packets without purchasing pizza. The nerve.

Jana said...

Good point, Mr. Marbles. I should have made an addendum to my post. Billy and I ate the best meals in recent memory at the Burr Trails organic food store and restaurant. So many nice little hippie restaurants, organic food companies, and artist studios (emphasis on little). I love Boulder!

When they accused you of stealing, did you tell them to get real?

Renee Anderson said...

Love that the Beauty is back! The pics are great!
Can't wait to visit Boulder and Escalante!